Turcan Connell's dispute resolution team have extensive experience in landlord and tenant law, offering our clients advice on a broad range of issues relating to both residential and commercial leases.
- Enforcement and variation of lease provisions
- The assignation and termination of leases
- Recovery of rented property
- Rent arrears recovery
- Access rights and occupier liability
- Removal of unauthorized occupants
- Commercial lease disputes – land only and commercial units.
- Landlord and tenant – related agricultural disputes
The team has significant experience in dealing with residential leases whether assured, short assured or protected tenancies and has in-depth knowledge of both tenant and landlord rights and obligations at common law and under statute.
Defending Tenant and Landlord Rights in Court
Turcan Connell employs first and foremost alternative dispute resolution methods where possible. We believe that the majority of landlord and tenant law disputes can be resolved through arbitration, negotiation and mediation. However, while many issues can be successfully resolved out of court, we understand that in certain instances, litigation is unavoidable. Our team is comprised of skilled litigators, having substantial experience in both the Sheriff Courts and the Court of Session, and having often appeared before the Private Rented Housing Panel.