Our business lawyers act for a very broad range of rural and agricultural businesses in Scotland and the north of England with clients drawn from many sectors.
Please visit our Land and Property page for more details on the services we provide to rural land based owners, managers and investors.
A Multi-Disciplinary Approach to Rural Business Support
Our team of solicitors advising rural businesses is an inter-disciplinary team drawn from across the firm and comprises the following disciplines:
- Business law
- Employment law
- Tax advice
- Succession advice
- Property law advice
- Dispute Resolution/Litigation
- Construction law
We advise a diverse range of clients involved in rural and agricultural businesses from food and drink production, hospitality and leisure, machinery dealers, renewable energy developers, grain traders, contract farming operations, professional advisers operating in the rural economy, rural housebuilders and general businesses based in rural locations.
How We’ve Helped Rural Businesses
Our Business Law team has a particular focus on the rural economy, providing first class legal advice to the sector. This comprises a broad range of advice.
Here are some examples of our recent work:
- Acting for an agricultural business acquiring another business by way of a share purchase;
- Advising a professional partnership on its merger with another professional partnership and conversion into a Limited Liability Partnership;
- Advising a family-owned machinery dealership on the succession to the next generation and subsequent part disposal of the business to form a joint venture company;
- Advising a high-profile start up in the drinks industry in its funding arrangements with a bank;
- Advising a renewable energy dealer in a number of contractual matters and partial exit of a shareholder;
- The sale by way of share sale of a luxury hotel to an overseas purchaser;
- Advising a farming business on the demerger of a division to allow family members to disentangle their business interests;
- Advising a farming family on the establishment of a multi-generational Limited Liability Partnership;
- Resolving shareholder dispute concerning share acquisition in a machinery dealership;
- Share option scheme for substantial rural food production business; and
- Demerger involving capital reduction of a substantial division of a large rural food producer.
For more information about our legal services for the rural and agricultural business community in Scotland, please do not hesitate to contact us.