Team: Tax Team
Hours: Full Time: 33.75 hours, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm with 1.23 hours for lunch.
We are looking to recruit an Assistant Tax Manager join our Tax team in Edinburgh. The successful candidate is expected to have previous experience in a similar role. The position is on a full-time permanent basis in our Edinburgh Office.
As an Assistant Tax Manager the main duties will be:
- Undertake the timeous preparation and submission of annual tax returns for individuals and trusts
- Agree correct tax liabilities with HMRC within time limits;
- Provide pro-active advice on the mitigation of tax liabilities and the organisation of a client’s tax affairs and will provide ad-hoc tax advice to clients and prospective clients as required;
- Respond promptly to clients’ and HMRC’s queries and correspondence and those of other agents;
- Maintain internal records and files to assist in the above. Review own clients regularly to ensure files, section records and other matters, including feeing tax matters, are up-to-date;
- Complete draft Tax Returns form, for individuals and trusts after obtaining information from client, internal sources and external sources e.g. banks and brokers etc;
- Prepare schedules of investment income and ensure that all records are present and correct;
- Complete Capital Gains Tax calculation from information obtained internally or from the client;
- Ensure that the Tax Return forms received, are sent to the client for signature with a bound copy and a summary sheet showing which tax is payable and when it is due for payment;
- Lodge Client Tax Returns and a copy of the liabilities with the Inspector of Taxes and ask for agreement to issue notices of assessment;
- Appeal incorrect assessments on behalf of the client;
The successful candidate will be expected to have a minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar role with a strong background in Personal Tax, UK Income Tax and Capital Gains knowledge.
The candidate will preferably be ATT qualified and/or CIOT qualified, ensuring you maintain up to date knowledge of relevant tax legislation and rules.
You should have strong processing skills, be numeric and a high degree of accuracy is essential. You are expected to be a strong team player who also has the ability to work on their own initiative with minimum supervision.
Please send CVs to Clare Hedges, HR Consultant at email@example.com
Closing date for CVs to be submitted no later than Wednesday 26th August 2020