Business Development & Marketing Executive
- Business Development & Marketing
Initially full-time office based, but in the long term the Firm supports a hybrid working approach through our Smarter Working policy.
- Full-time, Permanent
- Edinburgh, Scotland
Turcan Connell is seeking an experienced Business Development & Marketing Executive (BDM Executive) to work in our business development and marketing team and across our service areas to help implement plans, drive growth in our practices and elevate awareness of our refreshed brand.
This role offers an exciting opportunity based in Edinburgh whilst also supporting a team in Glasgow and business interests in Aberdeen and London.
The position is on a full-time permanent basis. Initially full-time office based, but in the long term the Firm supports a hybrid working approach through our Smarter Working policy.
The BDM executive will take on a broad spectrum of responsibilities with a focus on content creation, our communication strategy and online channel management to connect with target audiences and promote our full capabilities and key projects with quality and precision. The role requires frequent communication and presentation delivery with all levels of the business.
Core duties of the BDM Executive are:
- Support the BDM Manager to research, plan and execute departmental BDM activity, including client and professional contact targeting via tailored content campaigns and event activity;
- Help to integrate and ensure adoption of our BDM software roadmap, fully utilising existing digital channels and building communication campaigns to communicate features and benefits that engage and inspire;
- Work with the BDM Manager to shape a selective intranet, social media and video strategy to communicate a core set of CSR, brand and departmental promotions, building out brand assets to facilitate;
- Run, encourage, and track activity and ROI for leadership and department meetings;
- Planning, co-writing and sharing internal and client communications and marketing initiatives;
- Assisting with the distribution of journalistic/ legal/best practice content and other communications to colleagues, partners, prospects and clients;
- Produce, proof, create and share digital communications in a creative and concise style that matches our brand visual and verbal identity;
- Help to drive forward our TC Champion network and BDM toolkit internally to support content generation across teams and encourage brand consistency and collaborative working; and
- Concept, support, and assist in the running of events (virtual and in person) for firm and practice groups, from concept stage through to execution and excellent follow-up.
Skills / Qualifications
The successful candidate will be bright, proactive, and creative, with a real passion for growing our business and engaging key stakeholders with our brand.
We are ideally looking for an individual with:
- Significant prior experience working within a Marketing and Business Development team within professional services;
- Stellar organisational skills and an appetite to learn and develop with a positive attitude;
- A university degree and a good academic record and an eye for detail;
- Superior communications skills (both written and oral) including proofing and editing content;
- Experience in planning, producing and delivering content in digital environments such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and web, including a good standard of video production and editing; and
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills including the ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels and present to a wider audience as required.
If you are interested in applying, please complete the application form and upload your CV at https://turcanconnell.livevacancies.co.uk/#/applicant/15
no later than Friday 3rd February 2023.
By applying and submitting an application for a position within Turcan Connell, applicant’s information will be held by the Firm for the purpose for which it was collected. All applications will be deleted following a period of six months.
About Turcan Connell
Founded in 1997, we give clear, tailored and pragmatic advice to our clients on a full range of legal services along with a complete set of tax services. At Turcan Connell, we value our clients and the communities in which we operate. Learn more about how we’re giving back to the wider community.