Assistant Tax Manager OR Senior Tax Assistant
- Tax Team
Full time: 33.75 hours a week,
Monday to Friday, 9.00am-5.00pm
- Edinburgh or Glasgow, Scotland
We are looking to recruit two Assistant Tax Managers or experienced Senior Tax Assistants to join our Tax team.
The positions are on a full-time permanent basis. The roles will principally be based in our Edinburgh office, but the Firm supports a hybrid working approach through our Smarter Working policy. There maybe potential at Assistant Tax Manager level for the successful candidate(s) to be based in our Glasgow office with requirement to attend the Edinburgh office on a regular basis to start with.
The main duties for these roles will be:
- Undertake the timeous preparation and submission of annual tax returns for individuals and trusts;
- Agree correct tax liabilities with HMRC within time limits;
- Provide pro-active advice on the mitigation of tax liabilities and the organisation of a client’s tax affairs and will provide ad-hoc tax advice to clients and prospective clients as required;
- Respond promptly to clients’ and HMRC’s queries and correspondence and those of other agents;
- Maintain internal records and files to assist in the above. Review own clients regularly to ensure files, section records and other matters, including feeing tax matters, are up-to-date;
- Complete draft Tax Returns form, for individuals and trusts after obtaining information from client, internal sources and external sources e.g. banks and brokers etc;
- Prepare schedules of investment income and ensure that all records are present and correct;
- Complete Capital Gains Tax calculation from information obtained internally or from the client;
- Ensure that the Tax Return forms received, are sent to the client for signature with a bound copy and a summary sheet showing which tax is payable and when it is due for payment;
- Lodge Client Tax Returns and a copy of the liabilities with the Inspector of Taxes and ask for agreement to issue notices of assessment; and
- Appeal incorrect assessments on behalf of the client.
The successful candidates will be expected to have a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar role with a strong background in Personal Tax, UK Income Tax and Capital Gains knowledge.
The candidate will preferably be ATT qualified and/or CIOT qualified, ensuring they maintain up to date knowledge of relevant tax legislation and rules.
You should have strong processing skills, be numeric and a high degree of accuracy is essential. You are expected to be a strong team player who also has the ability to work on their own initiative with minimum supervision.
Please send CVs to Clare Hedges, HR Consultant at email@example.com
Closing date for CVs to be submitted no later than Thursday 25th August 2022.
By applying and submitting an application for a position within Turcan Connell, applicant’s information will be held by the Firm for the purpose for which it was collected. All applications will be deleted following a period of six months.
About Turcan Connell
Founded in 1997, we give clear, tailored and pragmatic advice to our clients on a full range of legal services along with a complete set of tax services. At Turcan Connell, we value our clients and the communities in which we operate. Learn more about how we’re giving back to the wider community.