- The Stevenston Charitable Trust
The Stevenston Charitable Trust
Scottish Charity Number SC021782
The Stevenston Charitable Trust was established in 2000 with the particular aim of supporting the arts, and particularly the art of music, in the Lothians and Borders regions of Scotland. The Trustees also consider a limited number of applications each year in aid of medical health charities.
Charitable purposes: The Stevenston Charitable Trust makes grants to charities which work in the following fields:-
- The advancement of the arts, culture and heritage – the Trustees favour musical and visual arts, but other aspects of the arts and culture will be considered. Charities which promote access to the arts by young people are of particular interest to the Trustees. The vast majority of grants are made in this field.
- The advancement of health – the Trustees consider only a small number of grants in this field in any one year.
- The relief of those in need by reason of poverty – a very small number of grants are made in this field each year by the Trustees.
- Please note that the Trustees are unlikely to entertain applications which fall outside these three main areas.
The Trustees prefer causes in the Lothians and Borders regions of Scotland. Charities which carry out work outside Scotland are unlikely to be considered.
Size of award made:
The Trustees typically make awards of between £1,000 and £3,000 available. Larger grants or multi-year commitments are available only in very limited circumstances, at the Trustees’ discretion.
Please note that The Stevenston Charitable Trust makes grants to charitable bodies only. Applications by individuals will not be considered.
How to apply
Applications should be made in writing on no more than 3 sides of A4 via the online application form. If your charity does not have access to email, a hard copy application may be sent to: The Stevenston Charitable Trust, Turcan Connell, Princes Exchange, 1 Earl Grey Street, Edinburgh EH3 9EE. Postal applications should be marked for the attention of Gavin McEwan. When applying, please ensure that you provide us with your charity number and your full postal address in case we need to contact you by post.
If this is the first time that you have applied to The Stevenston Charitable Trust, the most recent set of accounts for your charity should also be submitted, preferably by email, along with your application. Please do not send additional literature or materials such as DVDs, compact discs, etc, as additional materials will not be passed on to the Trustees.
Deadlines for applications
The Trustees meet once a year in January to decide on grants for the following 12 months.
Applications should reach us by email or in hard copy not later than 15th December. Successful applicants will normally be advised of any award by early February. The Trustees normally pay grants prior to 31st March in each year.
Please note that applications are not normally acknowledged on receipt, but all applicants, whether successful or not, will be contacted after the Trustees have held their annual meeting.